Te Aroha Museum
The Museum presents the history of the district through thousands of artifacts & extensive displays of historic photos, early Maori relics, gold mining days, early settlers, business & development, the Domain & the towns rich spa history through which the story of Te Aroha, the district, and its people is told.
The Museum’s home, for the past 50 years, has been the Cadman Bath House.
Sitting splendidly at the top of the Domain, and along with the other buildings at its side, it forms the only complete Edwardian Domain left in New Zealand.
The Bath House opened 1898, & was the first building commissioned especially for tourists, and now, Te Aroha is hailed as
“The birthplace of tourism in New Zealand”
102 Whitaker Street
Te Aroha 3320
+64 7 884 4427